Terms and Conditions of Torre Lines Navigation Company
These terms and conditions apply to anyone purchasing services from Torre Lines Srl, namely the maritime transport service between the destinations covered by the connections, even in the case of multi-leg transport.
For greater clarity, it is hereby specified that the terms “Mini Cruise,” “Excursion,” and “Boat Tour” always and exclusively refer to the mere maritime transport between the chosen destinations, and the ticket does not include additional services during coastal navigation or during any planned stops on land.
Art.1 – Service Assumption and Acceptance of General Conditions
Torre Lines Srl, also operating as Egadi Escursioni, commits to managing the transportation of passengers and accompanying baggage (if provided for by the type of journey in question) in accordance with the following regulations. The complete and updated text of this regulation is available online on the website egadiescursioni.it, to which reference is made, and is also made accessible to users at offices, direct ticket offices, and on-board Commands.
Any subsequent updates to this document, whether of an urgent nature or not yet included in the update of this “Terms and Conditions” document, even in digital format on the reference website egadiescursioni.it, will be promptly communicated to the concerned parties, even verbally, by the personnel appointed by Torre Lines Srl: once the user is made aware of these emerging changes, they will take effect immediately in terms of commencement, validity, and efficacy.
Art.2 – Ticket Amount
The total amount of the ticket consists of the chosen service fee, in addition to any other rights or taxes, highlighted separately when applicable (landing fee, entrance fee to the Protected Marine Area, port fees of the Port System Authority on passenger transport, etc.).
The rates applied by the Company include services clearly indicated as an integral part of the route description and also include VAT, when applicable. To obtain information about the rates, please refer to the Company’s “prices,” which are an integral part of this regulation and can be consulted at direct ticket offices or on the website egadiescursioni.it.
Any additional services offered on board are optional and can be purchased on-site.
Art.3 – Children and Adolescents
Children under 12 years of age must be accompanied by at least one adult passenger. Regarding any age-related discounts, please refer to the fare schedule.
Please note that the presence of children in the age group of 0-4 years on board vessels engaged in excursions must be reported in any case, even if this does not incur additional costs.
Art.4 – Tickets
To travel on Torre Lines Company vessels, passengers must possess a valid ticket, which confirms the conclusion of the contract for the specified journey.
If the reservation is made online on the egadiescursioni.it website, this travel documentation is sent by Torre Lines to the passenger via the email address specified during the entry of personal data in the booking/purchase forms.
The dispatch and receipt of travel documentation are expected within a period ranging from 2 to 24 hours from the ticket purchase. Please wait for this timeframe before reporting any issues with non-receipt. Additionally, kindly check the spam or junk folder of your email account to ensure that the documentation has not been mistakenly filtered.
The received ticket is already valid for boarding and does not require any check-in or exchange at Torre Lines’ official ticket office.
If the purchase is made through a third-party website or an affiliated agency, a different booking confirmation may be issued instead of the official ticket but is equally valid. In this case, it is necessary to present oneself at the official Torre Lines/Egadi Escursioni ticket office at least 30 minutes before the departure time, where the entire amount or any payment differences can be settled, and the official boarding ticket can be collected.
The customer is responsible for correctly filling out the required fields during the reservation, as well as accurately verifying the information on the ticket, such as date, type of service, number of passengers, name, surname, birth dates (also concerning access to any price reductions), etc. Any disputes due to errors in the registration or handling of such data must be raised directly with the entity that provided the service to the user.
The ticket must be kept for the entire duration of the journey and presented upon request by the Company’s inspection personnel.
Tickets are only valid for the specified departures, are nominative, and non-transferable. In the event of loss, destruction, or theft of the ticket, a new travel document must be purchased to board.
Art.5 – Reservations
Reservation requests can be made in a timely manner before departure at the Company’s ticket offices, authorized third-party agencies, our business partners, and through the official website egadiescursioni.it.
In reservation and/or ticket purchase requests, it is necessary to specify the date, departure time, the service of interest (such as the classic mini cruise, the free Egadi shuttle tour, the suggestive Marettimo caves boat tour, etc.), the number of passengers (including and specifying the presence of any children aged 0-4 or 5-12), the personal data of at least one ticket holder, and any other information required in the respective forms.
At the time of booking, the customer declares to be of legal age and undertakes to ensure the accuracy, correctness, and completeness of the provided data.
In the event of reservations that do not reach the minimum number to allow departure or in the presence of unfavorable weather and sea conditions, Torre Lines reserves the right to communicate any changes to the route, within a period ranging from 24 to 2 hours before the service. The right to a refund remains in effect in case the customer does not agree with the new destination or date (Art. 9 – Cancellation of departure / change of itinerary).
Furthermore, for logistical, organizational, and safety reasons, Torre Lines reserves the right to freely assign or change the assignment, even at the last moment, of the motorboats and yachting craft of its fleet to various routes. Therefore, at the time of booking, it will not be possible to choose the motorboat or yachting craft to embark on, so any indication provided by operators during the explanation and booking process is to be considered purely indicative.
Art.6 – Transport Conditions: Boarding, Disembarkation, Onboard Stay
Passengers are required to check-in with a valid ticket, at least thirty minutes prior to the scheduled departure time as outlined in the purchased itinerary. Additionally, they must be on board fifteen minutes before the time communicated by the Commander through the ship’s intercom system for departure from the islands (intermediate stops). Boarding is not guaranteed after the aforementioned deadline.
All travel schedules will be confirmed on board by the Commander either directly (for yachting craft) or through the intercom system (for motorboats). In case of uncertainty, it is the passenger’s responsibility, before leaving the ship/craft, to consult a Torre Lines crew member for any clarification regarding the return time on board.
It is emphasized that failure to appear for boarding within the aforementioned timeframe does not entitle the passenger to any refund, not even partial (Art. 11 – Refunds).
The boarding and disembarkation operations occur in accordance with the order and criteria established by the onboard Commander. This is done at the unquestionable discretion of the Commander, as outlined by the relevant regulations.
The embarkation, stay on board, and disembarkation of passengers are governed by legal provisions and instructions issued by the ship’s Commander in specific situations. Additionally, the following regulations apply:
- Embarkation of passengers manifestly affected by severe or otherwise dangerous illnesses, posing a risk to navigation safety and the well-being of individuals on board, is subject to authorization from the competent Health Authorities.
- Even if there is no danger to navigation safety or the well-being of individuals on board, passengers who are manifestly in physical conditions unsuitable for sea travel require a medical certificate authorizing the journey. This is done in the passengers’ interest (art. 10,1);
- Passengers in an evident state of agitation or clearly and disruptively intoxicated will not be allowed on board.
In the interest of their safety, passengers are obliged to adhere to safety regulations communicated through signs, audio messages, and directly by the onboard personnel.
Art.7 – Changes to the Program, Travel Itinerary, Navigation, and Stops for Swimming
7.1 Departure Time:
Regarding the departure time, punctuality is of the utmost importance, and it is necessary for the passenger to arrive for boarding at least 30 minutes before the scheduled departure time.
For example, in the case of the Favignana and Levanzo mini-cruise, the departure is set for 09:30, so it is necessary to be at the port, ready for boarding, by 09:00.
Failure to appear for boarding within the aforementioned timeframe does not entitle the passenger to any refund, not even partial (Art. 11 – Refunds).
7.2 Return Time Onboard from Shore Stops (Intermediate stops):
The times indicated in the “Itinerary” and “Duration” sections of the tour page, or stated in the illustrative brochures, or explained by Information and reception team when presenting the offered products, are approximate and subject to change. The exact time of return on board during stops on the islands will be clearly communicated through the intercom system during the excursion. The passenger commits to being on board fifteen minutes before the time communicated through the intercom system for departure from the islands (intermediate stops). In case of uncertainty, it is the passenger’s responsibility, before leaving the ship/craft, to consult a Torre Lines crew member for any clarification regarding the return time on board. Failure to appear for boarding within the aforementioned timeframe does not entitle the passenger to any refund, not even partial (Art. 11 – Refunds).
7.3 Return Time to Trapani Port:
The return time to Trapani Port is subject to changes, influenced by various factors, including the number of passengers on board and mooring schedules. The latter, defined by the competent authorities and communicated to the onboard command, regulate traffic and docking in the Egadi Islands’ ports, and may lead to significant changes in the expected return times to Trapani. Therefore, it is crucial to understand that, even while adhering to the travel program, the return to the port may occur within a different timeframe than initially anticipated.
In cases of early return to Trapani Port, passengers are not entitled to any refund, not even partial (Art. 11 – Refunds).
7.4 Swimming Stops:
Swimming stops, sea circumnavigations, and anchoring in coves are always optional, subject to weather and sea conditions, and the unquestionable judgment of the ship/craft’s Commander. The non-realization of these stops does not entitle the passenger to any refund (Art. 11 – Refunds).
7.5 Land Stops on the Islands (Intermediate stops)
In exceptional situations where the Commander, as the highest authority on board the motorboat/yachting craft, determines the need to forego the onshore stop at one of the islands on the tour, either due to adverse sea conditions or technical reasons aimed at ensuring passenger safety, no refund, whether total or partial, can be requested (Art. 11 – Refunds).
The Commander’s decision is primarily made to safeguard the safety of passengers and is binding.
7.6 Flexibility and Changes to the Itinerary:
The company reserves the right to make program and/or schedule changes in the event of unfavorable weather and sea conditions, force majeure, or technical-operational needs.
It is emphasized how crucial it is to understand that the tour stops, navigation, onshore stops on the islands, and the overall itinerary are entrusted to the unquestionable judgment of the Commander. This ensures that every decision takes into account various factors, including weather and sea conditions, maritime traffic, mooring schedules, and, above all, passenger safety.
Flexibility is a crucial element to ensure a safe and memorable maritime experience. Therefore, itinerary changes may occur, but these decisions are made with the aim of ensuring passenger safety and providing the most serene and enjoyable travel experience possible, considering all the mentioned elements.
During the journey, the Commander and the crew will promptly inform passengers of any itinerary changes.
Understanding this policy is implicit in the customer’s acceptance of the terms and conditions.
Art.8 – Prohibitions
It is strictly forbidden on board to:
- Engage in behaviors or attitudes that may cause disturbance or harassment to other passengers;
- Practice the profession of seller, singer, musician, or similar on board and offer services or assistance to passengers;
- It is not allowed to bring animals or objects into the salons that may cause disturbance to fellow passengers or violate hygiene and decorum norms;
- Please refrain from lying down on sofas, standing on them, or sitting on tables;
- Smoke in the indoor areas of the ship. A designated smoking area is provided aft, and it will be indicated by the onboard staff.
- open and close the portholes and windows. tamper with furnishings and equipment on board: for any needs or requests in this regard, passengers must exclusively contact the ship’s personnel;
- Wear or carry weapons and ammunition in luggage: these must be delivered to the Commander of the ship/craft at the time of boarding and will only be returned upon disembarkation. The current legal provisions regulating the carrying of weapons for military personnel are exempt;
- Carry in luggage flammable, explosive, corrosive, or otherwise hazardous materials, as well as oxygen, compressed air, gas-filled cylinders, and the like;
- Transport letters and packages subject to postage fees;
- Throw objects of any kind into the sea.
Art.9 – Cancellation of departure / change of itinerary
If the departure of the ship/craft is prevented due to reasons not attributable to the Company, the contract is terminated, and the Company is obligated to refund the amount paid by the customer in its favor (Art. 402 of the Navigation Code).
Subject to the existing interconnection between various traffic relationships exercised by the Company, the rules of Articles 403, 405, and 406 of the Navigation Code apply.
Article 403 refers to the situation where the carrier (the shipping company or the company managing the ship) decides to cancel the scheduled departure of the ship or propose a substantial change to the planned itinerary.
Example: When adverse weather conditions affect the Marettimo Caves tour, an alternative tour of Favignana and Levanzo may be proposed.
Cancellation of departure:
If Torre Lines Srl decides to cancel the departure of the ship/craft, the travel contract is considered terminated. In other words, the parties involved in the contract (shipping company and passenger) are released from their contractual obligations. The passenger is entitled to any refunds or compensation in accordance with the terms and conditions of the contract.
Change of itinerary
If Torre Lines Srl proposes a substantial change to the planned itinerary, completely altering the destination of the route (see “Scenario Example”), the customer has the right to reject the proposed new itinerary (before the new itinerary is carried out in its entirety or in part). Consequently, the contract is considered terminated. In this case, the parties are no longer bound by the initial contractual obligations, and the passenger may be entitled to refunds or compensation based on contractual provisions.
- When adverse weather conditions prevent the actual departure of the Marettimo Caves tour, Torre Lines may propose alternative tours whose departure has been confirmed. In this case, the customer can:
- Choose to adhere to the new program, paying or receiving any price difference.
- Decline the proposed alternative tour and receive a full refund.
- This scenario does not apply if the variation concerns the flexibility necessary for the itinerary, as explained in Art. 7.
Article 405 applies to cases where the voyage of the ship/craft is interrupted due to force majeure (exceptional and unavoidable events beyond human control, such as natural disasters, non-promptly repairable breakdowns, accidents, wars, etc.). The transport price is due in proportion to the segment of the journey that has actually been useful. In other words, the passenger is only required to pay for the part of the journey that has been successfully completed. However, the carrier has the right to demand the full transport price if, within a reasonable time, it manages to provide the passenger with the continuation of the journey on another ship/craft with similar characteristics, assuming additional expenses.
Article 406 establishes the conditions for payment of the service price in case of interruption of the journey due to the passenger’s actions:
If the journey is interrupted due to an action attributable to the passenger (such as their personal decision to interrupt the journey before the final destination), the passenger is responsible for covering the cost of the entire journey, even for the part they decided not to undertake.
Art.10 – Liability
The Commander acts as a judicial police officer and, in this capacity, exercises the powers outlined in articles 221 and following of the Code of Criminal Procedure, in the event that crimes are committed on board during navigation. He exerts authority over all individuals on board, including the crew and passengers. The Commander possesses disciplinary and navigational safety policing powers.
From embarkation to disembarkation, passengers are required to comply with the instructions provided by the ship’s Command. Additionally, passengers must conduct themselves with common diligence and prudence, ensuring the safety of themselves, those under their care (including animals accompanying passengers), and the security of their belongings, particularly as dictated by the weather and sea conditions during the journey.
The Company shall not be held responsible for any losses or damages incurred due to behaviors contravening the prohibitions outlined in these terms and conditions. Any claims or compensation requests should be directly addressed between the involved parties.
10.1 – Prior Communication Regarding Passenger’s Health Status
Before proceeding with the reservation of any excursion with Torre Lines, passengers are required to promptly communicate any physical issues or relevant health conditions, such as pregnancy in the case of women. This prior communication allows the company to carefully assess the feasibility of the passenger’s participation in specific tours and provide personalized advice based on the disclosed conditions.
In case of emerging specific physical or health conditions, Torre Lines is committed to offering specific advice and recommendations to ensure safe participation in the activities. This may include discouraging participation in specific activities or itineraries that might pose potential risks based on the passenger’s conditions.
If the passenger decides to participate in the excursion despite the company’s recommendations or without disclosing their physical conditions, they fully assume responsibility for their decisions and the related consequences.
By booking the excursion, the passenger declares to have read carefully, understood, and accepted the provisions and responsibilities described in this article, acknowledging their responsibility regarding the provided information and decisions made.
10.2 – Responsibility for Safety during Navigation and Onboard Stay
Every adult passenger, legally competent and in possession of their faculties, or the parent of a minor, guardian, or anyone holding custody or guardianship for any reason, even temporarily, choosing to freely avail themselves of the service offered assumes all risks, including physical ones, typically associated with sea navigation and the use of a vessel as a means of transportation. This also includes civil and criminal responsibilities, without the ability to claim, under any circumstances and without exceptions (either in the listed scenarios or any unspecified ones), any request or demand for compensation against the navigation company Torre Lines srl in the event of accidents, injuries, or discomfort of any nature and extent.
- It is highlighted that weather and sea conditions, which can change based on the time of day or different maritime crossing zones, may require navigation in slightly rough/moderate/very rough seas. This is subject to the Captain’s decisions regarding excursion cancellation for safety reasons, as outlined in the Navigation Code and Article 9 of this document. This possibility may be particularly challenging for those prone to “seasickness”. Individuals with this condition are advised to take appropriate natural/medical remedies. Additionally, it may affect individuals with disabilities or those suffering from specific health conditions (such as spinal issues) or recent surgeries, making them particularly sensitive. Considering all relevant medical and health cases related to the protection of individuals’ safety during sea navigation, passengers are required to seek specific information before purchasing a travel ticket. They are also obligated to notify the navigation company and the Captain in advance of departure, in a timely manner that does not delay the boarding process. This allows the Captain to offer the best advice and protection for passengers based on knowledge of the vessel’s characteristics and the latest weather updates on sea conditions. It is implicitly stated, in accordance with the law and the Navigation Code, that the Captain has the authority to refuse boarding to individuals with specific health issues for the sake of individual and collective safety. No refund is due to those citing physical conditions or discomfort that lead them to decide not to board or if the Captain decides to prohibit boarding due to the severity of the conditions.
- Furthermore, there is the possibility that a part or the entire flooring of the vessel may become slippery due to being wet, especially during guests’ bathing activities, or may be cluttered with objects/luggage/equipment, and more. Therefore, individual passengers always bear the responsibility to pay due attention during movements onboard the vessel and, in any case, to observe all possible behaviors for the protection of their own and others’ health and safety, aiming to avoid all dangers and enable/enjoy a peaceful, enjoyable, and memorable experience.
Art.11 – Refunds and Cancellation Vouchers
Once a reservation is made online, at Torre Lines sales points, or through authorized partners, a full refund of the paid amount can be obtained only if the cancellation is made within 7 days from the scheduled tour date.
For any change or refund requests related to reservations/purchases made on third-party websites or through authorized intermediaries, the user must directly contact the involved party.
Exclusively for direct bookings, made without the involvement of third-party websites or other intermediaries, it is possible to request a cancellation voucher (equal to the amount already paid) for cancellations occurring beyond the maximum seven days from the excursion date. This voucher can be used personally within 2 years from the date of issue, provided that the notice of inability to participate in the tour is communicated at least 24 hours before the scheduled departure time and date of the tour.
The calculation of terms starts from the day following the cancellation date and includes the departure date. The cancellation voucher is personal, non-transferable, and non-usable in partial amounts.
No refund or cancellation voucher is granted to those who cancel within 24 hours before the scheduled departure time and date.
11.1 Cancellation Vouchers and its use:
- Issuance of the Cancellation Voucher: When the passenger qualifies for a cancellation voucher, it will be automatically issued under the name provided at the time of booking. The voucher is non-transferable and cannot be used in parts. Therefore, for redemption, the voucher’s designated holder must be present.
- Single booking for multiple passengers: In the case of a single booking for multiple passengers, it is possible to expressly request the issuance of individual cancellation vouchers. In this case, the names of the other passengers must be immediately provided, and copies of their identification documents in PDF format must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Validity of the Voucher: The voucher is valid for 2 years, and no extension of the expiration date is possible.
- Voucher Utilization Procedure: To redeem the voucher, it is necessary to contact Torre Lines customer support to verify the actual availability of desired seats for a specific date. Additionally, the personal cancellation voucher must be attached.
- Changes and Cancellations: Once the date for using the voucher is selected, subsequent changes, date swaps, or cancellation requests to obtain a new voucher will not be possible.
- Day of Voucher Utilization: On the chosen day for the new tour date, it is necessary to present the voucher and a document confirming the identity of the voucher redeemer. It is implicit that this must coincide with the voucher holder.
- Tour Change: It is possible to choose to redeem the cancellation voucher with a different tour than the one originally booked, but it should be noted that the voucher is non-usable in parts. If the new tour has a lower cost than the originally purchased one, the residual amount cannot be used for a subsequent booking. In the case that the newly chosen tour has a higher cost, the difference must be paid.
11.2 Cases in which no refund is due:
Failure to board within the time specified in Art. 6 does not entitle to any refund, not even partial. This also applies in cases of involuntary delays or those due to force majeure.
The cases described in Article 7 of this contract (and its variations) do not provide for any refund, not even partial, in favor of the passenger.
11.3 Refund Timeline, when Applicable:
In cases where the passenger is entitled to a refund (partial or total), it will be issued by Torre Lines within 15 days from the cancellation date and will then be received according to the timelines of the payment method used (PayPal account, bank transfer, credit back to the card, etc.).
Art.12 – Date Change
The passenger has the option to request a change of date for the chosen tour within 24 hours of the scheduled departure time and date of the already purchased tour. In this case, the procedure will be the same as that indicated for the issuance of a cancellation voucher, with the simultaneous selection of a new redemption date.
It is necessary to promptly communicate this request to Torre Lines’ customer support and verify the actual availability of seats on the new date. All rules described in the “Cancellation Vouchers and its use” section (Art. 11.1) will apply. Further changes (date/tour changes) or the request for a new cancellation voucher will not be possible in case of subsequent unforeseen events and/or needs.
Art. 13 – Transport and Baggage Liability
Each passenger is entitled to bring a small-sized baggage (up to 10 kg) free of charge. Passengers paying the reduced fare (5-12 years old) are granted half of the allowance, which is 5 kg. Items that are ordinarily carried in suitcases, travel bags, boxes, and similar items for the passenger’s personal use are considered and allowed as baggage.
If items of a different nature are included in the baggage, the passenger must pay twice the fare for transporting those items, in addition to compensation for any damages. The samples of commercial travelers are also allowed as baggage.
The transport of hazardous goods of any kind on board is strictly prohibited, with an obligation to immediately report such a situation to the Competent Authorities.
From the beginning of the transport until disembarkation, the passenger is fully responsible for their baggage and its contents. The Company disclaims any responsibility for the theft of items and/or baggage left unattended. Regarding the Company’s liability, the rules provided by Articles 411 and 412 of the Navigation Code apply.
Art. 14 – Animals
The presence of animals on board is allowed in certain services (please refer to the information on the page of each tour or contact customer support for specific details). Unless otherwise required by law, the transportation of dogs, cats, and other small live animals is permitted, accompanying the passengers.
Dogs must be on a leash and muzzled, while other small animals must be placed in cages or baskets, at the passenger’s discretion. Passengers with animals must stay in specially designated areas, which will be indicated by the onboard staff. Guide dogs for the visually impaired are exempt from these regulations.
The transportation and care of pets are the responsibility of the owners. The transport of pets accompanying passengers is also regulated by health provisions dictated by the competent authorities. The passenger undertakes to indemnify the Company from any liability and burden that may arise from their non-compliance with the regulatory norms mentioned above, as well as the existing laws on the matter.
The Company is not liable for incidents affecting domestic animals if the event is not attributable to it.
Art. 15 – Special Assistance
To receive assistance and understand the transportation procedures for passengers with disabilities, including those using wheelchairs or facing other mobility challenges, it is essential to contact Torre Lines’ Assistance Service before making a reservation. By communicating any mobility-related needs of the passenger in advance, it will be possible to arrange a more effective and personalized service.
Art. 16 – Prescription
The rights arising from the contract of passenger and accompanying baggage transportation are subject to the expiration of the terms specified in Article 418 of the Navigation Code.
In any case, passengers experiencing injuries related to events occurring from the start of embarkation until the completion of disembarkation must report them to the Ship’s Command before the final disembarkation.
Art.17 – Complaints
Passengers, upon noticing deficiencies or irregularities in the services provided by the Company, may communicate them to the Ship’s Command or the Torre Lines Company Management by writing to email@example.com.
Art. 18 – Protection of Personal Data
In accordance with Article 13 of EU Regulation No. 2016/679 concerning the protection of personal data, the Company, as the data controller, informs that the personal data provided by the passenger will be processed for purposes strictly related to the management of the contractual relationship and the provision of services, including through information systems, ensuring their security and confidentiality.
Art.19 – Reference
For anything not covered by these transport conditions, the provisions of the Navigation Code, the Civil Code, and other applicable legal provisions shall apply.
Art. 20 – Competent Jurisdiction
Any dispute shall be exclusively within the jurisdiction of the Court of Trapani.